Friday, August 8, 2008

Jealously

Jacob showed his first signs of jealously this week. He is very good about going to strange people and that does not bother him at all. He recently spent the night with his Grandmother, then my brother (who he has only seen twice) picked him up to bring him to me in Charlotte. No problems- he didn't cry going to my brother or any during the drive back to Charlotte. He goes to the sitters house while I'm at work- no problems. Our sitter was on vacation so he stayed with a different sitter for a week- no problems.

Now it is a different story if HIS mom tries to pick up another baby. I was picking him up at the sitters one day this week and Owen (around 18 months) had fallen over so I bent down to make sure he was ok and he put his arms out that he wanted to be picked up. So of course, I picked him up and was going to give him to the sitter (Jacob was sitting in her lap). Jacob SCREAMED bloody murder. He did not like me picking up Owen one bit. As soon as I switched Owen for Jacob with the sitter- he was happy again.

I hate to say it but that really made me smile!!

Grandpa George is coming to visit for the weekend so we should have some fun pictures to post this weekend!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I ALWAYS LOVED it when the kids were sad when I left the room...especially Braden and Kinsey b/c I knew they were bonded then:)!