Friday, November 30, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
We have not had the pleasure of experiencing this yet. Jacob will wake up to eat and get changed then goes right back to sleep. I've been averaging 7-8 hours of sleep every night. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far he is doing great!
Matt is doing great with Jacob. They have found their favorite spot when he gets home from work in the evening. Daddy has even figured out how to not let Abby feel left out (since this used to be her spot) but she has no problems sharing.
6 days old:
No more Jaundice problems. The doctor said he was perfect (which we already knew!!)
Sunday, November 18, 2007
We were finally able to be discharged last night around 8pm. Jacob's jaundice levels had dropped so they let us go home!! Jacob was great as I figured out how to get him into the car seat. He never once fussed and slept the entire way home.
We had a great 1st night at home. We went to bed at 10pm. Jacob woke up to eat at 12:00 am, then went right back to sleep. Again at 3 am, again went right back to sleep. Again at 6:30 am, again went right back to sleep. We then sleep to 8:30 am. Jacob then proceeded to pee on me and spitup all over Matt.
We got plenty of sleep the first night and I feel great this morning. We are going relax today and wait for Yia-Yia to arrive (she is bringing us NC BBQ for dinner-YUM!!). Uncle Matt and Poppy left this morning.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Everything is going well with my recovery! I actually feel great today. My doctor said she would release me today but Jacob is not able to be released yet, so I will be staying another night also. They are watching him for Jaundice. His levels this morning were close to being too high. They will redo his labs tonight when he hits 48 hours old and again in the morning. If his levels continue to climb then he will have to undergo phototherapy. Hopefully they will go down over the next few hours!!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Jacob arrived last night via C-section. Both mom and baby are doing well. We had a bit of a scare around 4pm when his heartrate dropped. My doctor called an emergency C-Section. I was ready for surgery when she arrived and the nurses had gotten him stable so she wanted to hold off a bit on the surgery while he was monitored further. At 6 pm, I was not progressing like she would like to see and she did not want to use drugs to help me dilate due to the fact of his heartrate dropping (without drugs earlier) so the doctor felt it was best for the baby to deliver him via a non-emergency C-Section immediately.
I was wheeled into the OR at 7pm and Jacob arrived 21 min later. Matt was able to hold him immediately and was able to go to the nursery with him. After they closed me up, I had to lay in my room with a recovery nurse for an hour before they would bring Jacob in. I was finally able to hold Jacob a little before 9 pm. The hardest part of the surgery was not being able to hold him immediately.
Everything went well (although not as we had planned) and I am recovering well. They had me just get out of bed this morning to go to the restroom and I thought it would be better to start walking the halls. So as of noon today, I have made 2 different walks of the halls. I'm a bit slow moving but overall I feel better than expected.
We will be released from the hospital on Saturday. My dad & brother will be up tonight until Sunday. Matt's mom will be coming up on Sunday for the week. She will have the pleasure of cooking us Thanksgiving!!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
The process was started at today's appointment by inserting a Foley Bulb. (Foley bulb: A Foley catheter, typically used to drain the bladder, has an inflatable bulb at the tip to hold it in place. For labor induction, a 30cc bulb is placed in the cervix and inflated. Mechanical stretch can cause reflex uterine contractions and force dilation to about 3 centimeters. In some situations, saline is infused through the catheter, which can help separate the membranes from the uterine wall, releasing hormones and phospholipases. ) If the bulb falls out tonight or I start having strong contractions- I can go to the hospital tonight- If not, the hospital will see us at 7 am to get started using pitocin!
Needless to say- I'm a bit uncomfortable right now but it will all be worth it once I get to hold my little miracle tomorrow (lets hope he arrives tomorrow and not too long of a labor)
We will get some pictures posted once he is here safe and sound!!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
I've still got my fingers crossed that he will come on his own by the end of this week (but not holding my breath)! I plan to do lots of walking this week to see if we can get things moving. (excpet it is cold here and they are calling for snow and snow/rain mix tonight/tomorrow) Maybe I will go to the mall tonight and do some good walking or sit on the couch and gain some more weight!!