Saturday, December 6, 2008

House Drama

Last I did a load of laundry and noticed that it had flooded the half bath downstairs. Then I attempted flushing a toilet upstairs and it did the same... So I'm thinking we have a problem. After I call Matt, clean up the mess... I call the plumber. We had a horrible time contacting anyone from the warranty department for our "emergency" so we used the restroom at the gas station and the plumber arrived this morning.

He used the camera to see what the problem was... thinking that something was stuck or there was a broken pipe.

So he began to dig up our yard...



He missed on the first hole so he kept looking. They could not bring out a back hoe b/c the emergency gas locate people don't work on the weekends (so much for emergency service). Another hole and lots of thinking later....


The problem was found. A HUGE hole in the pipe. One of the contractors must have busted it prior to our closing and didn't tell anyone (gee thanks!!) The dirt had formed a exit for the water until I washed the clothes then it collapsed causing the backup in our house.





So now we have a torn up front yard and the landscapers will be coming this week to fix and a lot of ruined hardwood floors. Those should also hopefully be fixed this week. But the good news is I don't have to use the restroom at Burger King or BP anymore :)
Jacob is still sick. After laying on me for several hours looking pathetic, he puked all over me again which seemed to make him feel better. Jacob also gave the virus to Poppy when he came over to help out on Friday (Sorry Poppy). Matt is in the process of going to check on Poppy and take him some Ginger Ale to help some. Crossing my fingers that Matt does not get it as he has to drive back to Atlanta tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

OMG, i would have died!! I'm so sorry! I can't believe they did that to your lawn.

Elisercizing said...

fascinating!